recent paintings and news

recent paintings and news

Saturday, May 4, 2013

plein air tree easel


 May, remains of the day, oil on canvas, 8x10in, available


This evening I was tired but because of the lovely weather I didn't want to pass up an opportunity to work outdoors. 

 My intention was to sit and paint with a small canvas perched on my lap so I left the french easel behind. However, once at the site with renewed energy, I regretted not bringing my easel so I could stand and work.




So I decided to try mounting a support in the branches of the pear tree instead and it worked out beautifully. The low branch sections also enabled me to place my painting mediums and brushes at an accessible distance-it was perfect!

 I have the utmost respect and gratitude for whoever invented the bungee cord









2 comments:

  1. I think you may have to paint the photograph of your work hanging in the tree, along with your bag and supplies and call it the artist's helper! Wonderful use of what is at hand. And I see your model off to the left side, standing so prettily :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha Rhonda-that IS an inspiring thought! I LIKE it!

    ReplyDelete